Last year our chapter participated in the Empty Bowls Project, a fundraiser for Food Gatherers at the Ypsilanti New Tech High School at Ardis. Many of you participated with us by donating ingredients for a soup in a “stone soup” style. We are happy to be participating in the event again this year, and we need help putting together another delicious, nutrient-dense soup. We’ll be making a 15 quart pot of Beef Vegetable soup.
The 2nd Annual Ypsilanti New Tech Empty Bowls Event takes place on April 19 from 5:30-7pm at the school. We’ll be collecting food donations on Sunday, April 15 at a home in Ann Arbor near the Miller/Maple intersection. We need the following:
(O=ingredient is needed; X=ingredient has been supplied)
- 8 quarts bone broth (frozen is great; beef, chicken, or turkey stock) X O O O O O O O
- 4# grass-fed hamburger (size donation: 1 pound pkg) X O O O
- 2 x 3 cups (total 6 cups) chopped onions X O
- 2 heads garlic, roasted and mashed O
- 2 x 2 cups (total 4 cups) carrots, chopped X X
- 2 x 2 cups (total 4 cups) celery, chopped X X
- 4 cups green beans O
- 10 oz green peas, frozen O
- 2 x 2 cups zucchini, in circle quarters O O
- 1 head cabbage, sliced thinly O
Please contact Jessica at email@example.com or (810) 225-2789 if you are able to help and let us know what you will be able to provide.
And remember that even a quart of broth or a pound of vegetables is more than helpful if, as a community, we can all give a little.